Thursday, October 16, 2008

Liver!

Well, when I got off work today after only working for 2 1/2 hours, I had a bunch of missed calls and voice mails from the doctors office. I figured if they were going to call me multiple times in such a short time span, there must be something wrong. So I called them back, and what do you know-- I have the liver thing! it's called cholestasis and I guess what happens is my liver is releasing bioacids into my blood stream, which is causing the severe itching. That is the only side effect I get. Apparently it can be pretty bad for the baby though, it gets in the amniotic fluid and can be ingested, I guess. So I have to have her before I reach 38 weeks. Generally speaking, the baby is fine as long as it doesn't stay inside too long, because otherwise it can start ingesting meconium which can be fatal. Anyway we might be parents tomorrow! Weird! We have to go to the hospital tomorrow and they are going to check out little Sammy, and if she isn't doing so good, then they will induce me (I've heard it's quite painful to be induced, I'm scared!!!) And if she is doing fine, then the doctor said that at my appointment on Monday they will set up an induction time which will be before I reach 38 weeks. So basically Jacob and I only have a week and a half tops before we are parents! Weird! I don't think they will end up inducing me tomorrow though, because she feels just fine, still the aggressive little beast, moving plenty! Anyway so thats the story-- the good news is that they have another medication they are going to put me on which should cure the itching ---- HALLELUJAH! I didn't sleep much again last night, it would be nice to sleep well. (I know, I know, I won't sleep at all once she is born, but at least I won't be trying to grow her too!) It's weird, because it won't be one of those situations like "okay, when is she going to come...." then when she's 2 1/2 weeks late she finally comes. hopefully since she will be a little bit small I won't need an epidural. Oh and for those of you who are coming to the baby blessing, we might move it to Thanksgiving weekend, because I kind of want to have her blessed before she's 2 1/2 months old. Ah, I'm rambling now, but I am a little nervous :)

4 comments:

Janie said...

Oh my goodness, that's crazy! You'll be in my prayers! Good luck with whatever happens.

Amanda said...

Good luck with the appointment and I hope that everything goes smoothly. I bet little Samantha is going to be gorgeous :D

Katrina said...

WOW!! Well, I'm now waiting to hear when you are parents!! :) Let me know if you need anything!

(I'm SO happy you have a blog!!) I love it!

Katrina said...

I've tagged you! Check out my blog for instructions.

-