Wednesday, October 15, 2008

To the hospital!

Well, last night was definitely interesting. I had a checkup at 4:45 yesterday afternoon, and got sent to the hospital!! My blood pressure was really high (figures, right? first I suffer from my blood pressure being to low, now too high..sheesh.) so they wanted me to go over so they could monitor the baby and monitor my blood pressure for a few hours and do blood work to make sure I'm not getting toxemia. Also, my itching had wonderfully flared up again, so he wanted to do blood work to make sure I don't have this weird liver thing going on. If I do have it, I guess it's not very good for the baby, it puts toxins into the amniotic fluid, I think?? He said I probably don't have it, I guess it's extremely uncommon, and he said he could get me a prescription for the itching, which will be nice. Anyway so we spent over 2 1/2 hours at the hospital and it was pretty boring. they just hooked me up to these machines that monitored me and little Sammy and drew a bunch of blood. And then I got to go home. Jacob ended up having to miss his econ test, which he will probably be taking either this evening or tomorrow evening. It was weird being there at the hospital, as we were walking in, I was kinda freaking out. I realized I still don't have my bag packed (I still have over 3 weeks!) and that we don't have a car seat yet, and I don't know, it was just weird! I realized it could happen anytime now (though pretty unlikely) and it scared me! I don't know how to be a mom! Anyway so that was our excitement last night, it kind of made everything more real than it already is.

No comments:

-