Thursday, November 20, 2008

1 month!!

That's right.. Today our beautiful baby girl is one month old! It's so crazy how time flies! It really doesn't seem like that much time has passed! And she is still so little! (Between 8 1/2 and 9 pounds) Some babies are born that big! I guess she was early though :) Anyway life is going good, Samantha is doing much better about sleeping at night for the most part. She is interacting quite a bit more now, too. Meaning she'll make eye contact...haha. Lately we've been doing tummy time and she has been pretty good about it, a week ago she was able to do what they say your baby should be doing around 1 month which is lift her head up and turn it from one side to the other. She doesn't seem to enjoy being on her tummy all that much, she usually lasts about 3-6 minutes before she starts crying. Today I got out one of her colorful rattles and kinda waved it for her and she really liked it and responded well.
She is Finally starting to fit into a few of her 0-3 months sized clothes (well sorta, they're still big), so I've had fun dressing her up :) I'll post some pictures when I get more time. She has been kind of a pill lately, crying a lot and she only poops every few days. I've called the doctor but they say not to worry about it... I guess I won't, but I miss my happy baby and am sooo tired!!
Today Sammy gave us a really great little present!! Jacob was holding her when he got home so I could get a few things done (she is seriously that high maintenance right now with the crying, I have to hold her ALLLL day) anyway I walked over at just the right moment.. she turned her head and gave her first real, non-gas smile!!! Her eyes were just shining and she looked so happy, it was great! Hopefully they keep coming!
On a sadder note, my very favorite aunt passed away this last weekend and so Jacob and I are going to her funeral this Saturday. It happened pretty suddenly, she had even been to work earlier during the day and she just collapsed that night and went into a coma then died a couple days later. My Aunt Myrna was a wonderful woman, so spunky, vibrant, and funny! She is everyone's favorite aunt/grandma etc. Thankfully Jacob was able to get work off so he will be coming with me, which will be great for when Samantha gets all fussy. It will be good to see all of the family I haven't seen in ages (and of course show off my beautiful new baby). I always marvel that it's at funerals that I see my long lost cousins, sad that that's what it takes to bring families together but oh well.
We are also still looking for a new apartment (but very fruitlessly) we've looked at a bunch of places and check the BYU website, Daily Universe, and Daily Herald regularly but to no avail. And everywhere we do go to look at has about 15 people looking at it that day, so that doesn't really help things, either.. So if any of you wardies hear about any openings in the ward let us know-- we'd LOVE to stay in the ward!
Anyway more pictures to come soon!

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Wow! Quite a bit going on in life right now huh?! Glad to hear Sammy lasts THAT long on her tummy already! Kamryn sure didn't!! I'm also glad to hear about someone else's baby being high maintenance! :) jk
Sorry about your aunt. That's tough...but it's so good to know this isn't the end, huh?

Thanks for posting! Can't wait to see more pictures! I don't want you to move! :( But I'll keep my ears open!

brianamw said...

A real smile and I missed it? How sad. Maybe I'll see one sometime soon. I'm sorry about your Aunt, Nicole. It's crazy that you can see someone and then the next minute they're gone. If there's anything I can do just let me know. Travel safe when you guys leave.

Ceci and Steven said...

hi Nicole, I'm stalking your blog now...I have one too in case you want to check it out Ceciaq.blogspot.com but I was going to thank you for giving me the info for that guy that rents out apt. I didn't know you're looking now as well...Steven and I found one through Craigslist. And I hear your pain about the fierce competition in Provo, seems like everyone else is looking for housing, right when you are!! Good luck, I know it's stressing.
And last but not least, Cute baby!!

-