Wednesday, June 17, 2009

4th of July

I am sooooooo excited for the 4th of July, it is my absolute favorite holiday!!! Probably because I grew up in southeast Idaho where they have the Idaho Falls fireworks--the largest fireworks display west of the Mississippi!! (If you don't believe me google melaleuca freedom celebration) My family, especially my dad, is extremely patriotic, and we have a great respect for this beautiful land where we live. I love everything about it! Dutch oven dinners, floating the river, 4-wheeling, sno cones, and of course the fireworks. There is nothing quite like it. I remember as a kid, we would have to leave in the late afternoon so that we could get a good place (100s of thousands of people go) and just playing games like Uno or Rummy or whatever other games we brought while we waited for the fireworks to begin (around 10). The best feeling is the overwhelming love you feel for this great country as you watch the fireworks that go off in time to patriotic music and in the shapes of hearts, and the American flag, and everything else. This year we are making a trip to Idaho and probably going to hit Yellowstone, go 4-wheeling, maybe go bridge jumping and of course the fireworks!!!! I can't wait.

4 comments:

Briana said...

Yay! I'm so excited to get out of Provo. It should be super fun!

Katrina said...

I know we've talked about this before...but I have to say I'm so excited for you! It sounds like so much fun! Maybe someday Ryan and I'll have to go try it out! I don't get too excited about 4th of July because we don't have any huge fun traditions like that! I wish we did!! Can't wait to hear all about it in a couple of weeks and see lots of pictures! :)

SAHARA said...

YAY! I LOVE the 4th of july too!! It is my favorite too! I think its because I am extremely patriotic and I love how everyone else remembers to be as well on at least one day! haha "biggest west of the mississippi" I love it. I laugh every time I hear that. it sounds hick. but its true. Im sad we will miss it this year...but since jason at the moment works for TNT fireworks and gets lots of free ones maybe the "biggest west of the mississippi" will be in my driveway!

Rebecca & Jeff said...

Wow, that is so awesome! What a great tradition! I wish we could go! :) I know you will have a great time!

-