Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's Been too long

So I know it's been forever since I posted!!! I have been putting it off because I wanted to post about our 4th of July weekend and all of our pictures are on our laptop and we only have cable internet in our apt. and it's a hassle to switch the internet from one computer to the other and I've been too lazy to do that or just grab a jump drive. Maybe tomorrow (maybe not!). So I'm just going to ramble a bit.

First thing on my mind right now--- I am SOOO excited for our annivesary!!! To some it may not sound too cool, but to us- practically perfect! It has been my dream for quite some time to stay in the Anniversary Inn, I keep hearing about how great it is. But let's face it- we have a kid and Jacob is in school, so we are pretty broke. They have 2-3 rooms (depending on location) for 169.00/night, a bunch for 229.00 and 289.00 and on up to 349.00!!!! I don't really like any of the rooms offered at the only price we could POSSIBLY afford ($169) -even with their special going on right now for $25 off!! But I didn't want to go spending all that money just to be in a cheaper room when really I liked some of the pricier ones a lot more. SO I did some more research and found an adorable little bed and breakfast in slc with amazing reviews (everyone raved about how clean they are and their wonderful breakfasts and beautiful rooms!) the best part is that I'm getting a room I Love and won't be wishing we were in a nicer one and it's significantly less!! yay! Then the next day we're going to head to Lagoon for some thrills and my parents are going to be watching Samantha. It will be our first time since she was born to have a night away from her!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if I will even miss her?! Just kidding, I definitely will :)

Second thing on my mind-- DIAPERS of course (I AM a mom :)) Soo Costco is a great store and I really love it, but one of my friends, Rachel, one time said something to the amount of Costco being great, but they sell high quality things at a lower price, but often times you can find low quality things at wal-mart or somewhere else for even cheaper. And she is completely right!!! I did the math-- and I am Not good at math, so I may be wrong. and here is the approximate price per diaper Parent's choice: $0.14 Huggies (purchased at costco):$0.18 Kirkland (the costco "off-brand") : $0.19 Wait... is the Costco off brand More expensive than huggies???? Yes, yes it is in fact! Last time I bought diapers at Costco they had redone the boxes for the Kirkland brand and now the pricing goes as follows for size 3 diapers Huggies: 40.99 for 224 diapers. Kirkland 39.59 for 208 diapers. So basically if you spend an extra 1.40 you get 16 more diapers... I was sorely disappointed by the pricing changes. The Kirkland diapers used to be $10 a box less than huggies! Oh welllllll. Oh yeah on with the point I was trying to make! Okay, so we tried to switch to Parent's choice diapers (.04/ diaper Does add up!!) but Samantha kept getting a rash from them (I think it's just because she is crawling and the extra rubbing) so I went back to Huggies, but we still had 10 or 15 left of the Parent's Choice and I was trying to use them up so yesterday I put 2 on her in a row and she got SUCH a bad rash :( I feel so bad for her, it still hasn't gone away! I was going to go to 7 Peaks today but don't want to for fear their treated water will make it sting really bad.


So there are my ramblings, good for you if you made it through all of that! Anyway, I'm reeeeallly excited to celebrate our anniversary next month! YAY!

2 comments:

Ang said...

Landen pees out of the parent's choice. They just aren't tall enough. Sometimes you just have to spend a little more to get something better. FYI: The Huggies box is $38.42 at Sam's Club, so they are even cheaper there.

AND random fact. I bought Ziploc Brand bags at Walmart and they were DIFFERENT than the ones I usually buy at the grocery store! Completely different texture and cheaper!! The sides would split open like crazy!!

Rachel said...

Sorry the parents choice didn't work for you! Sad she got a rash from them.... :(

Happy Anniversary coming up! Anniversaries are always fun to celebrate!

-