Tuesday, September 8, 2009

An update on our angel :)

Samantha has been growing soooo fast! She is getting so so big! She can now do so many things! She will stand up on her own without any support, and a couple weeks ago took her first steps without any encouragement at all and without falling! She was just standing in the middle of the room, took a few steps, then stopped! She didn't do anything after that until about 5 or 6 days ago, when she decided she would walk between us, so now if we get her balanced she will take a few steps to wherever it is she wants to go. Pretty soon we will have a little walker! We went to my parent's house for Labor Day weekend and she kept saying 'kitty' and 'doggie'.. which I'm sure won't continue saying since we don't have either animal. She was so cute, my sister and her husband's little Boston Terrier was there, and Sammie just adored her and spent her time chasing her around, then working up the courage to touch her, haha!
She is also very into books lately and I'll often find her with a book open in her lap (usually upside down) and she will just go through the pages jabbering to herself and pointing at the pictures.
The last week has been really great, and I'll post about it when I get a little bit more time!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Haha. I love it when they read the books upside down! That's my absolutely favorite! So adorable. I am glad she's doing so well.

Briana said...

Awe. Precious. Sammie is so cute.

Chad and Amy Baker said...

That is so fun!! She will be walking and getting into everything in no time!

-