Monday, October 26, 2009

Weaning

Weaning.. who knew it could be so difficult?? It makes having Samantha cry it out seem like a breeze! I have tried literally everything I've thought of and others' suggestions (don't bother with new suggestions for me please, I've probably already tried it) besides quitting bottles cold turkey and nothing has worked. So, I think this is it. I think I have to quit cold turkey. UGH she is going to be such a monster the next few days. The thing is, the longer I wait the worse it will be. I just need to take a DEEP breath and do it. As I learned with letting her cry it out, you have to be 100% diligent or it's completely useless and sometimes can make things even worse. Here's hoping I have enough will power to not give in! please pray for us.

5 comments:

Charles and Nancy said...

Good luck! And be strong!! It will hopefully be only a few days of wanting to pull your hair out.

Danelle and Alex said...

I agree with going cold turkey. I haven't done the bottle weaning yet but I think its just teasing her to give her a bottle sometimes and sometimes not. This way she will know that its gone. Just like crying out when you give in you have to start all over again. She will figure it out quicker this way I think. Good luck!

Ang said...

Seriously, You may find it easier in a month or two. Especially since you've created a deeper attachment with all the attempts to take it away. It might go over better if she forgets you are trying to take it away.

Sharon said...

Go on a vacay and let hubby deal with it! Just joking (well, kind of). Cold turkey is tough on your own body, but if it has to be that way, good luck. I never had a problem cuz all the babes just started preferring outside food sources after table foods. Anyway, I know it's odd to get an invite on a blog, but we are doing a party next week cuz my parents are coming through on their way home. It's Friday, Nov. 6th. I tried calling, but the number your Dad gave me didn't work. Leave a comment on my blog, or get my number from your Dad to let me know.

Katrina said...

Good luck!! You can do it! :) She'll learn fast...she's a smarty-pants! :)

And you're right...the longer you wait, the harder it'll be. (hmm...the same thing I've been telling myself about binkies for Kamryn for a long time!) :) haha

-