Thursday, February 18, 2010

Update!

Just thought I was due for an update, since it's been awhile (though I don't have any pictures, sorry!) Life has been going well for us, we are excited to go visit my parents this weekend! Fun! We had a GREAT Valentine's celebration on Saturday. Basically we just hung out all day running fun errands, then went hot tubbing (the first time we held hands was on V-day in a hot tub.. awwwwww) then had Costa Vida! yummmmm! Then we went and played games with some good friends of ours! So fun!
Jacob has been super busy with work and school. His classes this semester are Chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Physics....blech! Although he is busy he is still really good about making time for Samantha and I too though.
Samantha just keeps growing!! I can't believe how big she is! On Sunday she went to nursery for the first time! Anyone who has been in Sunday School with us knows this is a very good thing. She is still a tiny bit young, but we took her over to see if she would like it and how she would do and talk to the primary president and make sure it was okay. As soon as we opened the door she was struggling and squirming to get down, and when we set her down she ran in yelling "Ball! Ball! Ball!" and chased after a ball. Anyway she did just fine, and she will be returning next time! So exciting! She is also learning how to do cute things- she will initiate kisses and sometimes when she hugs, she'll pat me on the back! She still loves bath time and even the slightest mention of the word sends her running to the bathroom as fast as she can.
I have been trying to train for the Rex Lee Run. Even though I have been working out regularly for over a year now, I am NOT a runner! I hate running, but it's something I really want to learn to love and get into. I want to get over the hump of hating it, and get to that point where I start liking it. Anyway I realized that if I wanted to be able to do the race and do it well, I would have to start working out more than my usual 3 times/ week (Hilary and I switch off watching kiddos every other day). SO to do that I have to get up at 6 every morning so I can be to the gym and back by the time Jacob needs to leave for school. WELL it is getting a lot easier as I do it more, and I am FINALLY getting to bed early enough so it's been good. I feel better throughout the day getting up earlier. Hilary and I have also been working on some fun projects lately, and I've been making hair bows for Sam that I actually really like, so life has been good and we are all pretty darn blessed and happy! :)

2 comments:

Briana said...

I can't believe she's already old enough for nursery. That's crazy! That must be a nice break for you at church :)

Katrina said...

glad life is so good! So jealous of a good work-out schedule! (still regret never actually getting to do one together...sorry! Bad timing..) :) lol
When is your race again?

Well, I think we're finally starting to get over these colds...so hopefully (knock on wood) we'll get to play one of these days! :)

-