Monday, March 22, 2010

Food Storage?!

Seriously, the last thing I thought I would blog about is food storage. Hate to admit it, but of all the church lessons, food storage is the one I'm mostly likely to tune out of! But I just had to share this- last night during our pillow talk Jacob (who LOVES gardening) was telling me about this little seed capsule thing you can buy. It sounds cool (I guess if you're into that sort of thing) it basically keeps your seeds fresh so you can use them for up to 20 years. Anyway, we oh-so-cleverly decided the perfect food storage for us poor college students without any place for storage is a .22 rifle and some seeds! Then you can shoot small animals and plant your own garden!

2 comments:

Charles and Nancy said...

I haven't heard about the seed capsule thing but Charles and I have talked about getting a rifle. The seed thing sounds like a good idea.

Katrina said...

I love this! I smiled again when I read it--just like when you told me earlier! :) I think it is a great idea! :) (and if you get enough seeds, you might be able to trade with others for other things!) :)

-