Monday, April 26, 2010

It's that Time Again.....

..Review Time!!!
First up:









WOW! is the first thing I want to say! These books remind me a BIT of the Hunger Games (and you all know how I love those!) but, don't worry it's not a copycat book- it was actually written BEFORE Hunger Games. It's been awhile since I read a book that I just HAD to keep reading!! I had heard from multiple people that the "Uglies" series was great, so I finally decided to try them out. All I knew about them when I started reading was that it was basically a world where everyone was beautiful, via operation. I figured it was the type of book that dealt with issues of image and all that. You know, the type of book Oprah would feature and have a discussion about! NOPE! I mean, the moral is basically be who you are and not what others want you to be but.... They are actually pretty action packed and fast paced (the second one more than the first). And I'm not talking about lame blow-up action, but good action. ALSO--- there is a nice side of romance, a little more than in Hunger Games, but not much. Anyway I have yet to read the third, but as soon as Sam gets up from her nap, we are going to go track it down!!!! Sidenote: don't go expecting something as amazing as The Hunger Games or you'll come up short, but take time to read it--- they really are good!

UMMMM my brain is fried and swirling with thoughts of Uglies, and I'm having a hard time concentrating on what else I've seen/read lately... but here's another:





Good movie! Not great. But good. Ummmm I don't usually have a lot to say about things fall in the "good" category.. I can't rave about it's amazingness, and I can't complain about how boring it was. Sooo there it is. Good. And a little creepy. I liked it for the most part.











This was a great book :) It wasn't exactly exciting or fast paced, but it was well- written enough that it held my attention and didn't bore me. It was sweet and made me smile and is one of those feel good books that makes you kinda tingle.. ya know?






(the movie)
Sooo cute! It only gets a good though. If I'd never seen The Notebook, it might get a good/great, but it's by the same author and has the same basic plot, so nothing new at all! But, still a cute movie. If you like cute movies that make you feel all lovey-dovey and sigh a lot you should enjoy it! OH and know how Nicholas Sparks books-made-into-movies often have *ahem* risque love scenes.... I'm not sure how risque this one got, I turned away. I can tell you it wasn't really all that long though. Just to warn those out there who care :)

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm feeling a little fuzzy with Uglies thoughts swirling around, so I'll probably do another review thing sometime soon when I can think more clearly!!

And also-- there is a bottle of honey mustard bbq sauce (yum!) sitting next to me that I was using a couple minutes ago, and on the back it says Great On: Pork, Beef, Chicken, Fish... uhhhh anyone ever tried bbq sauce on FISH? is it good??? let me know...........




post signature

3 comments:

Charles and Nancy said...

I have never heard of this series but I will totally give it a try! It sounds like something I would like. Sorry I can't give you advice on the bbq sauce...I don't like bbq sauce on anything so I don't know about the fish.

The HDTD Family said...

Thanks for the Side note! It was just for me! :) Do you still have the books? Can I start them? So I hope that you enjoyed your family! Oh and no I have never put bbq sauce on fish, just Ketchup! :) Love ya

SAHARA said...

I thought The uglies series was a lot like Hunger games as well but I had read the Uglies beforehand. Personally I didn't really like the uglies series. I couldn't quite put my finger on why. Maybe because you could tell the romance part was written by a guy. It also seemed kind of amateur or at least written for a younger crowd, which made a lot of it predictable. But all in all, if you are bored read them...whats it going to hurt. ha

-