Sunday, July 11, 2010

Perspective


A girl I went to high school with had something devastating happen to her sweet family. Her daughter was found drowned and is now at Primary Children's on life support. It breaks my heart, I cannot imagine what they are going through! Her adorable little girl is very close in age to Samantha and has big blue eyes and blonde hair just like her. I don't know what I would do if anything ever happened to my sweet little girl. I can't stop thinking about them and how awful it must be to go through this. It really puts things into perspective of what is important and what really matters.
I know most people who read my blog don't know this dear family, but if you feel so inclined please pray for them. I know if I was in the situation I wouldn't stand a chance of being able to handle it without the Lord's help and many many prayers and fasting from others.
Give your loved ones an extra hug tonight.
If you'd like to read a little about their story, here is their family blog that they have updated a bit about what's going on.

2 comments:

SAHARA said...

I cant stop thinking about them either. She is a day older than Addie and has so many similarities as well. I cry every time I read an update and hug my sweet girl that much tighter! I am praying for them daily. It really does put things into perspective and makes you realize what is really important.

Katrina said...

I saw your facebook status the other day about them and went and read their blog. I also have been thinking about them and praying for them, even if I don't know them. I cannot imagine something ever happening to either of my kids--that would be so incredibly hard and awful. But it sounds like they have a lot of support and prayers and that the Lord is close by their side. It really does make you take a second look at where your priorities are. thanks for sharing ...

-