Saturday, September 11, 2010

Update on our lives

NOTE: 4 new posts today

It's been forever since I posted anything about what's beeing going on in our supremely exciting lives.
So here I am. posting. with nothing to say.
We went to California for Ariel's wedding (Jacob's baby sister) see post below
We went to Idaho for a fun weekend before school gets to busy- see post below
I've been being pregnant- see post below.

Things have been going well. Jacob just started school 2 weeks ago. He is taking 18 credits this semester, keeping super busy! But life is good. I love him so much. I love staying up late just talking and laughing with him. He truly is my very best friend, and I'm glad that after over 3 years together and 1 1/2 kids we still enjoy each other's company so much. I love that we can just have fun together! And I love that we both enjoy going out and doing things together. Jacob is such a hard worker and I'm so proud of how well he's been doing in school!

Samantha is SOO big (okay, so she's a little on the petite side for her age, but you know what I mean!!!) she is so smart. She understands almost anything we say to her. She has become really good at "using her words" rather than screaming. Or I guess more when we get her to stop screaming she's good at using them, haha. She's a sweet heart and LOVES to snuggle. Every time we snuggle I try to hold on to the moment because it is so so sweet and I know I'm lucky to have such a cuddly toddler, and who knows how #2 will be? She loves to play with her blocks, she loves to color, she loves her "babies" and her toys. She is so funny, when I'm having her "help" put her toys away, she goes and gets one of her 'babies' or stuffed animals and pretends like they are picking up the toy and putting it away. She has also been doing all of the other normal stuff (feeding them, rocking them, hugging and kissing them, and taking them for walks, etc...) for probably almost a year, but making them clean up is a new development. I can't believe she is almost 2!!! It's so crazy to me.
As for me.. I'm the boring part. I've been up to a bunch of crafting, sleeping when I can (sheesh this baby has made me tired!) reading, trying to get Sam to stop hitting (any ideas??) aaand a bunch of other boring stay at home mom stuff, haha.

Life has been good, we've been enjoying it!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad things are going so well, and that this pregnancy has been relatively easy compared to your last one.
I know what you mean about pregnancy making you tired (I'm not announcing anything, I am not pregnant). When I was pregnant with Emi it was all I could do to stay awake and only nap during Nate's nap time.

Your little belly is looking so cute!

Briana said...

I don't think stay at home mom stuff is boring at all. It's amazing and wonderful that you dedicate so much of your day to taking care of your kiddos and your apartment.

-