Thursday, October 21, 2010

2!

Yesterday Samantha officially turned 2!

She had an appt a few weeks ago and weighed in at a whopping 23 1/2 pounds putting her in the 10-15% and I don't remember how tall she was, but it fell just under 50%, so she's a pretty small little girl!

She is so funny and has such a fun little personality! She is obsessed with owies and loves kissing them and getting them kissed to make them better. Lately she has been shrieking just for the sake and fun of shrieking and we told her that if she kept doing it she was going to get owies in her throat (she had stayed up all night coughing the night before because of her excessive shrieking) and she ran over and kissed Jacob's throat and said 'all better'.

She's pretty smart and getting better and better about talking in sentences.

She is becoming very polite and has started saying 'please' 'thank you' and 'you're welcome' without being prompted every time.

She has ZERO desire to learn colors. She knows that anything bright pink is pink, but that is all! As hard as I try, she just ignores me, haha.

She is still deathly afraid of the poop and the toilet. Plus, her bladder apparently isn't ready for potty training yet. So far everything I've read says that they should go 1-3 hours with a dry diaper as a sign their bladder muscles are ready. She still squirts every 15-20 minutes. This is frustrating to me, because I REALLY want to potty train her before her baby brother comes along.

She loves babies and loves helping mommy. I don't know if it's a good thing. It takes me almost 15 minutes to unload the dishwasher when she 'helps' as opposed to the normal 5, and I make sure to fold laundry while she is asleep because that takes even longer with her, haha!

She still loves to dance. She LOVES her play doh and finger paint she got for her birthday. I think coloring is still her favorite activity other than taking care of her 'babies'

She loves owls- they are definitely her favorite animal, followed closely by lions. I think the only reason she even likes lions is because they growl, and she loooves growling.

She loves clothes and shoes... Jacob doesn't like this part one bit!

When Jacob gets home she yells "Hi, Babe!!" very enthusiastically. (I always call him 'babe' and that's how I greet him...) Sometimes when she is calling for him she says "Jacooob!"

Lately when she is being naughty (finds a tube of chapstick or something else she knows she isn't supposed to play with) she runs in her room and shuts the door.. Little does she know that's what I take as my cue to go check on her, haha

She tells us she is hungry by lifting up her shirt, pointing at her tummy and saying 'it hurts!!!!'

She doesn't cry when she wakes up and wants out of bed anymore (and hasn't for awhile now). It's just "Momma! Momma! Dadda!" over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over until we finally go get her.

She is a fun little girl and always keeps us laughing. We love her so much and are so happy she is part of our family!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

SO grown up I love it! That picture in your header is awesome btw.

I just got the ebook for 3 day potty training have you thought of doing something like that? Its a little extreme- straight to underwear, throwing away all the diapers but we are going to give it a try in the next few months. I have heard great things

Katrina said...

Sounds like a pro 2 year old already! I love it! :)

Good luck with the potty training. I'm stuck too if that makes you feel any better. I keep thinking Kamryn will be ready soon...but then we try and she just doesn't get it...

Love that she calls daddy by his first name sometimes. Kamryn has started doing that with us too. SO funny to hear her try to say my long complicated name! :)

mwoodall said...

Oh Samantha! I love her! I feel really close to her because I felt really involved hanging out with you when you first got pregnant with her and hanging out with you both for the past two years! I love you and Sammie!

-