Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sam's Birthday Party!

We celebrated Samantha's birthday 2 weeks early because my parents and a brother were in town visiting and we figured we might as well so that she could have a party, plus she doesn't know it wasn't the 20th.. so if you ask her how old she is, she'll tell you 2, even though she's still got a few days.

I'm incredibly proud of the cake I made her- it's all homemade, not store bought, including the owl and bird. My friend Mary helped me and we had a LOT of fun!:





Samantha with her new snow boots, Uncle Mat, and grandpa

tearing off the wrapping paper

posing for the camera in her new skirt and new shoes!

Getting ready to blow out the candles-- we were all very impressed, she knew exactly what to do with the candles and blew them out w/o any trouble!



Mom and Dad got her fingerpaint!! She loves it and we let her make her first painting that night.

Grandpa showed her that her body makes a great mural for painting...

Right before bath time, what a mess!

It was a really fun evening, thank you everyone for presents, she really and truly loves every single thing she received!!

4 comments:

Charles and Nancy said...

That cake is so cute! You did a great job! I'm too chicken to try fondant. Maybe for Chloe's birthday in March... I'm glad Samantha had such a good birthday, she is a little cutie!

Ashley said...

LOVE the cake Nicole, SO cute :) I can't believe she is two. Wow! Hope all is well :)

Katrina said...

Love the cake!!!! Now you need to teach me! ;) happy birthday Samantha!! Can you believe she's two?!
Where'd you get the snow boots? So so cute! And the shoes too! And of course the skirt- Kamryn has one and just LOVES it!! Looks like Samantha will too!
Looks like we may have to come over and play with finger paint with you soon! (Sorry it's been so crazy and we haven't gotten together. My bad!)

Rachel said...

I can't believe she's 2. What a big girl!

The cake looks awesome! Good job!

-