Friday, November 12, 2010

My first recipe!!

I'm not one who likes to cook. I do it sometimes anyway, because we'd starve or have grilled cheese every day if I didn't. It's not that I'm a bad cook. I actually have a really good nose/taste buds and can usually tell EXACTLY what I need to add to make things a little better..but I still don't like to cook. Maybe that's why I haven't posted a recipe yet? Anyway we kinda came up with this AMAZING recipe (I'm sure there are many like it though..) I like eating veggies, because I like the way they make me feel. But let's face it, they aren't much to taste plain, unless you grow your own. (maybe that's why I don't like the taste much? Cause I grew up with homegrown? Thanks a lot mom and dad ;)) And frying them seems counter-productive.

Also, this recipe might drive some of you nuts. My mom probably wouldn't ever make it because it doesn't contain any measurements.. I definitely cook like my dad- throw stuff in 'til it smells and tastes delicious.. Here goes!

(doesn't it LOOK amazing?)


What you need:
a bunch of veggies and a couple potatoes
--I used 2 potatoes, 3 large carrots, asparagus, green beans, broccoli and half an onion (next time I plan on adding a red bell pepper)
spices!
--I used Lawry's seasoning salt, garlic powder, large kosher salt, sesame seeds, annnd maybe some celery salt and onion powder (next time I plan on using a TBS or 2 of Worcestershire sauce- isn't that stuff amazing? don't know why I didn't think of it sooner)
EVOO- extra virgin olive oil 1 or 2 Tbs, tops

Directions:
I like to leave peels on my fruits and veggies when I can, because most of the nutrients are contained just barely under the skin! So I scrubbed my potatoes and carrots and sliced them up to bite or 2-bites size, and sliced half an onion. I poured a very small amount of EVOO on them, dumped some spices on them and stuck them in the oven at 400. The potatoes and carrots need to cook for about an hour, everything else 25ish minutes. I cut up the rest of the veggies and after enough time had elapsed (about 35 minutes) I pulled out my potatoes, carrots, and onions and added the rest of the veggies and then poured on a tiny bit more EVOO and dumped a nice coating of the above mentioned spices on it, and mixed it up, then back in the oven for 25 more minutes.

It's REALLY really easy, and the veggies taste so so good! Very flavorful!

post signature

1 comment:

Lynette said...

That looks so good right now! I am definitely going to have to make it sometime!

-