Thursday, January 13, 2011

An upgrade

My sister told me to update my blog. I feel like nothing interesting is going on, because the thing of most interest is still inside my uterus!!!

BUT we did upgrade our vehicle! yay! We used to drive an 03 neon. Killer car ;) Anyway there was barely room for the 3 of us, and to put a second carseat in it was just ridiculous! After months of thinking about it, we ruled out SUVs (we REALLY wanted to pay cash and not have a car payment, and one that will last was out of price range) We also wanted one that would last us til Jacob is done with grad school, plus a little longer. So 3-5 years. And we really are Not planning on having any more kids until he is done with grad school, but I have seen way too many couples have "oops" babies, plus sometimes the Lord's plans are different than ours :) Anyway, we realized that left us with a minivan as an option. That's right, we now drive a minivan! Crazy, huh?!

This isn't ours, but this is the same color and model. nice huh? You know you're jealous of our minivan-ness ;)

Want to know the best part? It is an 03 with a PERFECTLY clean carfax and only 36,000 miles on it. Not bad, huh? It really hadn't been driven much. The only thing is that the inside is taupe and the back rows of seats are tan. (ha, taupe and tan.. seriously that's the difference- barely noticeable) anyway because of that we got a pretty great deal on it. Anyway apparently the only other owner was for a guy in a wheelchair and so the seats were removed, and when they put it back to normal, they used tan seats instead of taupe. We are excited.
OH and if you know anyone looking for a small car that looks like this (again, not our car but same color and model) give them our number, it's for sale!

4 comments:

Angela B said...

Yeah! Let's go cruising! I can just see you loving your mini-van-ness!

Lance & M'Lisa Denning said...

Congrats on the minivan! Did you ever think you'd see this day? I just had to let you know I tried updating my blog but I gave up! I'm still working on it and will hopefully have something for you to look at soon!

Briana said...

Yay for new Cars!!!! I like your new ride. It's very...family, haha. I love you!!! I hope your last few weeks with that little guy inside you go okay :)

Katrina said...

How did I miss this!?!! :) So exciting! Congrats! We love our bigger car! (although, not a minivan) So so so nice for more carseats! :) (sounds like you got yours just in time!) :)

-