Friday, March 4, 2011

Life with Jase

I can't believe it's been SOO long since I last blogged!!! That is crazy. Things are going really well, I feel like life is settling down a little bit. When people say that 2 kids is quadruple the work of one, they are not kidding! Well, to be fair, it depends on the day. Some days are easier and I would say it's only double the work, but for the most part it's at least triple. Maybe that will change once he starts sleeping through the night and sticking to a schedule? I've been trying to get him on a schedule like crazy, but he resists :) I feel like having my kids on a good schedule is what helps keep me sane. Sanity will come soon, I hope! ;)

Life with Jase has been pretty good. He is such a sweet little guy! He is my little snuggler. I know he is only 6 weeks old, but he seems more serious than Samantha. He had his first big (non-gas) smile on Wednesday night, but has yet to show me that cute little grin again! That isn't the only reason I think he is more solemn. I can't really explain it, but his demeanor just seems more serious.

Losing pregnancy weight this time is a bit harder. When I gave birth to Jase I was within 1 pound of how much I weighed when I gave birth to Samantha. The weight seems more content to stay on this time. I started working out at 1 1/2 weeks post partum and busted out a stitch (haha! It didn't actually hurt much, but it was kinda scary!) so waited another week to work out again. I really started stepping it up and pushing myself hard at about 4 weeks. I have 6 more pounds to get to where I told myself I had to get to, and about 10 until I'm where I would like to be. Those who knew me when Samantha was about a year old and how thin I was (5'7 1/2 and 116! I had issues with fatigue and being lightheaded all the time) - do not worry, where I want to be is about 10 pounds more than that! A much healthier weight for me! I know Jase is only a little more than 6 weeks old and I should feel lucky to be where I'm at already, but I've just been working so hard at it, and wish the results would come faster! Plus, no one mentioned to me that your skin stays loose longer after the second one (ha! Now I am telling all of you guys :)).

Samantha is doing really well. She absolutely loves to help out with Jase. She is often asking to hold him and gives him hugs and kisses all day. She also loves to bring him her toys and either lay them next to him, or line them up close by where he can look at them. She is such a good big sister!

It is also harder to get things done. My only time to really accomplish anything is during Sam's nap, but I find that if Jase is asleep during Samantha's nap then I can't help but take a nap too! I usually force myself to straighten up a bit first, but I have a hard time resisting the call of my bed!

Question for all you mommies of 2 kids that share a room: Jase is currently in our bedroom with us, but him and Samantha will be sharing a room. We moved Samantha out of our room at 2 months, which was perfect. When did you guys move your kids into the same room?? I need some advice! Thanks!

3 comments:

Briana said...

Sammie is so cute. I think it's kinda funny when he gets a little jealous, haha

Stephanie said...

I can't even remember when Sadie moved in! Isn't that horrible? It worked out really well though, because I would have Caleb take naps w me in my bed while Sadie took a nap in her crib. We just didn't have bedtime issues. Now we just have Sophie in her own room and Caleb and Sadie share, because the toddlers are way to crazy to NOT jump into the crib with Soph. We need to hang out. Text me because my phone died and I don't have your number anymore. Nor do I am have your email address. :(

Jade said...

The tough part was sleeping through the night. Rosie was a light sleeper and Jac would wake her up. So we didn't let them share for a long time. Until Jac learned o sleep all night. Since, then Rosie has become a deep sleeper, but Jac still is not. Good luck. I think Jac was 7 months when he moved out of our room.

-