Friday, June 17, 2011

Alone

Most people are going to think I'm a freak show, but oh well.... I'm kinda sad--Tonight will be the very first night that Jacob and I will be apart since we got married!! That's right. We celebrate 4 years in just over a month and we've never spent a night apart!! Ya know, I think if we'd done it right away like most couples it wouldn't be a big deal, but I think since we waited for so long it's just so weird. It has been almost 4 years since I slept alone in a bed. Jacob got a new calling and is going on a campout tonight with the scouts, so I'm going to have to get used to it! (especially when August rolls around! Scout camp!!) I'm not looking forward to it, but I am kinda looking forward to having my house clean for a longer period of time, and kinda looking forward to being able to blog tonight after the kids go to bed (that's right, blogging is on my extra 'me-time' to do list tonight!) Well, wish me luck. I'm sure it won't be that bad, but I'm kinda sad and wondering how well I will sleep all by my lonesome. :/

post signature

5 comments:

Heather said...

Oh that is super crazy! but also sweet. So..... Scott is leaving tonight too! He is Young Men's and is also going on a campout. I'll probably be spending my alone time blogging too.

Stephanie said...

Good luck Nicole! Justin left me all alone a few months ago - with 3 kids! Ahhhh! We'd be apart before, but I was always the one to leave, so this was just crazy. I was hoping for survival. I think you've got a great start if your concern is how well you'll sleep. :)

Powell's Place said...

My husband was also on a campout last night!! But I kind of like when he is gone simply because I wake up and my sheets and comforter don't move at all and are exactly the same when I wake up. But it's always harder to fall asleep for some reason...

Nancy said...

Wow, that's crazy that you've never spent a night alone the whole time you've been married! Cool though. I have a hard time when Charles is gone. The house feels so empty even though I have the kids. But, yes, I usually spend a lot of time blogging, facebooking, and watching movies when he is gone.

Katrina said...

I still can't believe you have never been apart. How cute is that?!! :) I never had that option from day one with Ryan and my schooling! :)

So....how did it go?! Hope it wasn't too sad for you! I'm sure you did great! And you know...you learn to appreciate him even more after he is gone... I know it's a cliche' but absence really does make the heart grow fonder!

-