Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Samantha update

I know Samantha isn't yet 3 years old, but I'm not sure I'm going to have time around that time to do an update about my silly little girl, so here is a 34-month update instead :)

Sammi is very energetic and loves to play and giggle. She loves her baby brother soooooo much!! It melts my heart watching them play together. He adores her and she adores him. Every morning the first thing she wants to do when she wakes up is kiss and hug her little brother. After they wake up from their nap, I can hear them giggling and I go in and they are playing peek-a-boo and just laughing hysterically. I love it. She loves to make funny sounds at him, she likes to do pretty much anything to try to get him to smile, but they play a LOT of peek-a-boo. I know their playing nicely won't last forever, so I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts :)

I feel like my constant reminders of having her say "May I", "Please" and "thank you" are finally paying off! Recently she has become very good at saying 'May I (insert want or need here) please" and it is music to my ears.

She is so so smart too. On no effort at all on my part, she now knows a few songs, all the way through! She can sing ABCs, Twinkle Twinkle, Personal Penguin (her 'special song' we have sung to her since she was a baby- look it up, it's a cute song that goes along with a book), Wheels on the bus, and a few others.

She knows her letters, and what sounds they make- though she isn't very interested in them, so it's hard to get her to talk about letters when she isn't in the mood.

She gets angry when other kids steal toys out of her hands and has no reservations in smacking or biting them to let them know she doesn't like it. We're working on that one, though I don't think she will change much until there is some sort of solution I can give her other than being nice even though they took something (any ideas? I feel like she just feels the unjustice of having a toy taken, retaliating, then getting in trouble for it). I would be mad too if someone stole a toy right out of my hands! :)

She would probably love it if we decided to go live outside. She LOVES being outside, and actually just loves getting out of the house in general (like her mama :)) she loves going to the library, grocery shopping, Wal-mart, picking up daddy, whatever!

She is such a girl and loves new clothes. She loves playing dress-up. Her grandma gave her a chest of princess dress up clothes for Christmas last year and she played with it every. single. day. Usually multiple times a day. Finally, in July I got sick of picking up the dresses multiple times a day and packed up the chest and hid it from her. We just got it out again a little bit ago, and she still loves it just as much :)

She loves to be independent, and she is pretty feisty. She will definitely let you know if she doesn't like something. She is also sweet and caring and cuddly. Still, at almost 3, she loves to snuggle. We snuggle every single day. She also loves to cuddle with her brother (he is snuggly too, but he doesn't like to snuggle with her, probably because he is so big and it's pretty awkward haha) and her daddy. She loves animals.

She is my own personal bug slayer! If she sees a bug, she will go get a shoe, squish it, then go flush it down the toilet. She is my hero!!! (In case you didn't know, I hate bugs, they are scary!!) Hopefully she can be my bug slayer for forever. It would be sooo nice to have someone around to kill bugs for me when Jacob isn't here to do it.

We love our sweet little girl and she brings so much joy and happiness to our home :)

post signature

5 comments:

mwoodall said...

Aw I miss Sammie! She is such a beautiful little girl. :)

Nancy said...

Isn't crazy how fast they grow up?! Oh, and Charlie is my personal bug slayer at our house, it's awesome :)

Stephanie said...

So cute. And I also LOVE "My Personal Penguin" :)

Briana said...

She will also tell what to do

"Banana, sit here!"

Sharon said...

Don't know if I should mention this before you babysit, but Leah LOVES taking toys out of peoples' hands. It is really annoying, but don't know how to stop it. So maybe Sammy and Leah will get a lot of practice in a couple of weeks.

-