Thursday, December 29, 2011

Jase!

My sweet little boy is 11 months and 10 days. This is exactly (to the day!) how old Sammi was when she started walking all over the place (she was weird. Walking wasn't a process for her. One day she couldn't take more than 1 step by herself, and the next she was walking all over the apartment without falling). Jase has yet to take a step by himself, but that's ok! He is my cautious little boy. He started crawling about a week before he turned 10 months, and said his first word "Boo!" (he loves to play peek-a-boo) a week or so before that. He is kind of a funny kid. He has 4 or 5 words right now and 3 are communications. His first was 'Boo', then doggie (I don't even know how to type the way he says it..), then "Hi!" he also says 'da?' or 'uz-da?' (means what's that). And I'm fairly certain but not 100% certain that he says "ba" (ball). It's just funny because most babies learn mostly nouns, but so far he is all about communicating. He says "hi!" to everyone! At church he loves to stand on the bench and say "hi!" to everyone he sees. He says it when we first see him, when we open a door, when we say it to him.. He loves to say 'hi!' and the way he says it is so cute. It sounds like a recording because he says it the same way every time, and is quite enthusiastic about it. So cute :) He loves to be held and point at things until we take him over to it. When we get to what he is pointing at he says 'uz-da?' and we tell him what it is, he touches it and points some more, then points at something new to go look at.
It's so interesting to me how different him and Sammi are. At his age, she was all about cruisin around, pulling the dvds off the shelf, go-go-go and do-do-do. He just wants to examine and explore everything. He is partial to his mommy, but Sammi is still his favorite. She can make him laugh like no one else can. I LOVE listening to them play, it is music to my ears.






post signature

4 comments:

Katrina said...

cute pictures! :)
His face looks longer and skinnier (just a tad) than I remember when I saw him last. Must be the crawling! :) Is he a handful?

The kiddos by the tree are so cute! Can't believe how old they look!

Sharon said...

They're so cute!! :) I love all you guys and miss you so much! I'm sad you're not here, but I'm glad you guys are having a good time there! Keep blogging! I love hearing about you guys!

cara said...

Your kids are so cute! I love how he's talking! I wish I could be there to hear him say 'hi'! Miss you guys! Keep blogging, I love hearing about you guys!

Nancy said...

Your kids are so adorable and grown up!! Jase has changed a ton! What a cutie!

-