Sunday, January 29, 2012

Why (I think) I want a bunch of kids, Part 2: the real version

Hopefully everyone can think of the family: They are loud, they have a LOT of fun, there are so many kids, aunts, uncles, grandbabies, cousins, nieces, nephews, moms, dads, sisters, borthers that you can't keep everyone straight. If you are family on my mom's side- think Martindales, my dad's side- think Jespersens. That's what I want. A Big, Loud, Fun, Crazy family. No, I don't want to be pregnant 6 times (I've decided I have to have at LEAST 5 to get the big loud family, but probably 6+), no I don't want 6 newborns, and no I certainly don't want 6 teenagers! BUT I do want a huge loud crazy family. I know you can have a small family that is loud, fun, and crazy, but they are missing a key ingredient (for me): BIG. Plus, I feel like I have so much love to give! Do you ever feel like you are bursting with love? I love pretty much everyone (there isn't really anybody that I don't like.. I like everyone. So if you think I don't like you, you are wrong- I do.) I was so excited to have Jase because I remember when I had Samantha, it made my love for everyone else GROW, and I knew that when I had Jase it would grow some more. I have never been concerned about not loving someone enough or as much as someone else, rather sometimes I worry I don't have enough people to love in my life! I WANT to 'have joy and rejoicing in my posterity', because isn't that one of the greatest blessings we can have? And for you pessimists out there, YES I realize I'm not guaranteed my large family will be loud, fun, and crazy, or that any of my children will even reproduce. But it's something I want, so I think I'm going to at least do my part in making it happen! (that being said, I AM allowed to change my mind! :)) post signature

3 comments:

Katrina said...

you are so cute! I totally understand changing your mind about pregnancy and having more kids or not. when I was pregnant with Kyler (in the 3rd trimester) I really cried a few times because I thought, I don't know if I'll ever be able to be pregnant again! I was just so uncomfortable and in so much pain and so hormonal. But my heart was broken with the thought because I love babies and I love having babies (HATE pregnancy). Even the newborn stage is better than pregnancy! :)
Anyway, I don't feel that way at all with this pregnancy so I'm certain there is at least one more ...but we will see. Let's do #3 first, shall we!?!! :) haha
Anyway, I also understand the fun of a big family! :) My family was BIG (8 kids) and I don't think I'm up for that really. I KNOW Ryan isn't! :) Big, but not too big would be good! :)

Thanks for blogging! Fun to hear from you! :)

Nancy said...

How fun! I don't think I'm mentally cut out for that many kids but I do like big family gatherings. There were 6 in my family and I love it. I'm just taking babies one at a time and hoping Heavenly Father will let me know what I should do. Right now, I just want to get through this pregnancy and first few months of having 3 kids. As of right now, being 30 weeks pregnant, I would be more than happy to have this one be our last :) We'll see though.

Briana said...

Umm, considering who their mother is any children you have will definietly be loud and crazy, haha. Just kidding. But really, you are my favorite and I love you TONS!!!

-