Sunday, February 19, 2012

What's up?

I have kind of been leaving everyone in the dark as to what is going on in our lives. I don't really even know how to start, but I guess here goes:
 So after Jacob graduated we both felt very strongly that the next step was to go live with his parents. There were some advantages to moving here, so we went for it. So here we are in the high desert in California in a little town in the middle of nowhere. We were hoping to just be here a few months, but now we know we will be here longer. Heavenly Father sent us here for a reason, which was made clear to us. Shortly before Christmas Jacob's mother was diagnosed with colon cancer. His dad is in poor health and can't do much, and there are still 2 teenage boys living at home (Jacob is the oldest), so obviously help is needed! It makes me so grateful that Jacob and I listened to the Spirit and came here so that we can do what we need to do to help out our family. Things have been busy, to say the least, but also fun.
 For those curious about her cancer, it is stage 2. She had the entire right half of her colon removed shortly after Christmas, and started chemo a week and a half ago. She will have chemo every other week for 12 cycles, and then they will go from there, but she should be doing fine. The doctors expect a full recovery, so no panicking :)
So now you all know why I stated it isn't even an option for us to have another baby at this time (I was for reals! No announcements anytime soon guys).
 It's kind of hard. My current desire for our little family is for Jacob to get into PA school, and get in soon! I feel like our lives won't move forward out of the "school stage" and into the "career stage" until then. And I know that the "school stage" is fun, and I'm trying my best to enjoy it while we're here. It is hard to have faith in the Lord's timing, but I know we are where we are supposed to be, and I know the Lord will bless us for it. Maybe not with acceptance to PA school, but I know that we will be blessed. I want all of you to know that I know Heavenly Father loves us all so much, and wants the best for us, and that we just need to trust in Him, and He will not fail us.

post signature

5 comments:

Briana said...

You are such an inspiration to me. As always :)

Thanks for being awesome and taking care of Mom and everything. You're pretty much amazing :)

PS I miss you. A ton.

Katrina said...

Love you! What a neat experience for you, and isn't it so great that the Lord watches out for us and our families. Glad you guys are there for them--even though we miss you like crazy here!! :)

Glad things are good overall. Totally understand what you mean about "school stage" vs "career". We're already getting anxious to move on but will still be living with parents for another year or so. Obviously may not be as long as you guys, but I totally know where you are coming from! :)

Thanks for posting!

Sharon said...

Good job being faithful! It's not always easy. I would love for the Lord to show me just a foot into our future, but it never happens!

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law.
Isn't it interesting how God places you where you need to be without you knowing the reason why? You are definitely "heaven sent" to them.
I'll keep your family (and Jacob's) in my prayers.

Eudelia said...

Hey Jacob and Nicole,

It's matt. I usually don't go and look at blogs but this morning while feeding Hailey I thought of you guys and wanted to see how you guys were doing. Then I read Nicole's blog about the Lord's time and to trust in him. I really needed to read that. I have my own struggles about that and trying to be patient is something I struggle with. I feel "stuck" in life in some ways and now with a kid I feel the need/motivation to get things done faster...but it truly is in the Lord's time. Thanks. Prayers for your family. Say to them for me.

-