Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Life Lately

Life has been going well here in WV.  I feel like so much has happened that I don't even know where to start! I think for now I'm just going to say where we're all at
Samantha-- loves it here. The transition here was surprisingly easy. She sort-of misses people back in California, but she is really good about enjoying life in the moment and not dwelling on other things. She has lots of friends here. Her and this other little blond girl in our ward became instant friends, and they are so cute together. You know how sometimes there are people you just click with automatically and friendship is SO easy with them, and you are immediately close? I feel like she has experienced that. She loves our house, she loves the trees and the deer. She is doing really well.
Jase- Jase is still my little buddy. He has grown more attached to me, but is actually doing okay in nursery, thank goodness! He is still my mostly chill little boy. As long as he is well rested and well fed and I hold him when he wants he really doesn't have any complaints about life. He loves cars, and since moving here has a new obsession with trains. There is a lot of coal mining here, so there are constantly trains hauling coal. We see multiple trains every time we go anywhere, and he loves it! Also, a lot of his behavioral issues have been getting better as he hasn't been spoiled constantly, ha ha :)
Jacob- is suuuper busy with school. He gets up at 4 every morning to study (don't worry, he goes to bed early) and studies alllll day. He puts in 12-15 hrs a day for school, so it's pretty crazy. I'm so proud of him for working so hard for our family.
Me- I've been keeping plenty busy.  Pretty much everything falls on me now (don't get me wrong, Jacob helps out when he can :)) so I've been getting used to that.  I was thinking about it, and you know, the PA students that don't have a wife or family have things they have to do. Grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning the toilet, cooking, ironing (the program's dress code is business casual) etc. And while I now have to take care of pretty much all of that stuff, it's like a trade off. Because Jacob doesn't have to put time into these other things, he does have a little bit of  time to spend with his family. And I love it. It's totally worth it.  It's not all bad either. The kids and I do stuff pretty much every day. Whether it's story time, play dates, having friends over, play group, going to the park, grocery shopping or whatever else, we do stuff a lot and keep busy. I've loved getting to know all of the young moms in the ward. Everyone is so so nice and incredibly friendly. There are a ton of us, and it is really nice to have that support.  I like it here a lot, though I miss the sun. I'd say so far, probably 70% of our days here have been gloomy/rainy/snowy/etc.
Hopefully a fun post to come soon with some pictures!

2 comments:

Briana said...

Yay!! You posted!! I want to see some pictures because I miss you guys and I'm sure the kiddos have gotten bigger since the last time I saw them.

I'm glad that you are enjoying life but I still wish you guys were closer :)

Katrina said...

That is so good things are going so well. Thanks for your comments on my blog lately. I've missed you guys too. Can you believe it's been so long since you moved away?!!?! Time flies so fast!

I'm so happy to hear the move went well...especially for Sammie. I'm fairly positive Kamryn will be okay but I just won't know for sure till we go. We are excited and looking forward to it though. Kids talk about it every day. :) (probably because I can't stop looking forward to it!) :)

Can't wait to see pictures!

-