Monday, March 11, 2013

This weekend

Despite the kids being sick, this weekend was AMAZING! It wasn't anything spectacular, but maybe it was just because Jase was sick all. week. long. And so I was stuck home. all. week. long. ugh! We are used to getting out of the house about 6 days a week! And Jase is probably the whiniest sick person I have ever heard of! On Friday, we met Jacob at his school when classes were over, and went on a walk. His school sits right on a river, so it's a nice place to walk.  It was in the 50's and sunny and it was sooo nice!!  The weather here during the winter is AWFUL. Prior to this weekend we only saw the sun a total of a few hours the last 2 weeks. It's not very good for the soul, that's for sure. This week is spring break! YAY!! He decided to take the weekend off of studying, so Friday night we just went to Target to get diapers and Sammi some new shoes- her old shoes have been too small for over a month, so it was definitely time! We got home and put the kids to bed and enjoyed a relaxing evening without ANY homework! Woo! We just stayed up and watched Netflix and talked. On Saturday I got a coupon for $10 off $25 at JCP so we headed to the mall. I'm not hog wild over JCP, however they have really cute skirts! So I got a new skirt for $15 and it is the most gorgeous color, I am in love!  Jacob let the kids run wild in the play area there while I shopped and it was sooooo amazing to shop without whiney kids! We headed to Lowe's because we don't own a shovel and need one for gardening. We headed home, ate lunch, put the kids down for a nap and headed out into the upper 60s and bright sunshine to work in the garden. Oh my goodness, it was so amazing!! Our garden is covered in mint (oh my gosh, if you grow mint, grow it somewhere you can contain it, like a pot! Holy cow!) so we had to pull it out. We aren't done yet, but that's okay! The kids woke up about 2 hours later and we decided to go on a walk. The walk we like to do is about 1 1/3 miles, nothing major, but it's all uphill or downhill and the perfect distance to take the kids on. Well we left around 2:45, went .4 miles and were home at 4:30... Why? Because we have super nice neighbors! Everyone was outside working in their yards, and they all wanted us to stop and meet them, it was great! People here are so nice (and talkative!)! They really have a way of making you feel welcome, we really love our neighborhood. We enjoyed the rest of our evening and it was just so so nice!  Sunday was good. Jacob and I both spoke in church. Since the kids were sick we took turns with them in the foyer. Also, I got a little card that said I only had 2 minutes left!!! For real!! ME! Most of my talks are like 7 minutes, no matter how long I try to make them since I get up there and am so nervous I talk super super fast. However, in my own defense I'd only been talking 10 or 12 minutes when I got the card. And I was informed later that the bishopric had been requested to make an extra effort to leave the last speaker plenty of time. It was embarrassing though. AND I didn't get to give the best part of my talk! Oh well! After church I was minorly upset for a little while, because I found out that someone who has a responsibility to stick up for me and defend me has been trashing me behind my back. I am now over it, as this person has a lot going on (IMO not an excuse to belittle others, but oh well), so I really can't hold it against them, right? That would be wrong. It was just disappointing to find out. Anyway, after that We skyped with Ty and Lindsey!! It cheered me up and made me so happy, they are such awesome people! We got to see little baby Saylor and she is doing so great! I love her!!! It was a fun weekend and it was so nice to have Jacob around! Usually he studies Friday evenings, and for at least 8 hours on Saturdays, so it was a ton of fun! post signature

1 comment:

Kendra and Caleb said...

The two minute card?!?! That is too funny! But there is no excuse for trash talking, I'm sorry!!! Sounds like you guys have transitioned well. Oh, and how is the baby with the liver trouble doing???

-