Saturday, April 20, 2013

Beautiful

This morning I had what I like to call a "successful" shower. Aka one where whiney and/or demanding children don't barge in.  At the end of my shower I stood there with the water running, dreading turning it off and returning to "real life".  I was enjoying feeling like a person. With a sigh, I turned off the water and was greeted by the sound of my sweet little babies giggling, squealing and playing.  It was a good reminder that "real life" is a beautiful thing, and I am greatly blessed.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

So true. I loved this post.

Denning's said...

Wonder what it feels like to take a nice long shower!? Glad you had that nice moment. I want to hear more about the Spring you are having. I read the comment you left on my blog. You should look into coming to Star Valley when Jacob is done with school. People get all sorts of jealous when they hear where we live. Because there aren't so many jobs most people have to move away for work, but everyone wants to come back. We can definitely see why. Good luck to you guys!

Katrina said...

I hear ya. Real life is often our perspective of it, isn't it?! :)

Sharon said...

Congrats on the shower! I might get one of those when Leah goes to preschool!

Tara said...

yay! a blog post! good showers are great--I usually hear screaming in the middle of mine and then I am rushing to get the shampoo out of my eyes to get out of the shower.

-