Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Different

Well, I'm pregnant again (as you all know). It's my 3rd pregnancy, and I promised myself this pregnancy would be different.  And I'm happy to say it is. My other 2 pregnancies I found myself frustrated with my body. I felt "fat" and "ugly" and "slow" all the time. When I'm pregnant, I gain a lot of weight on my hips and my thighs, and get love handles. After reading this amazing post by a friend from high school almost 2 years ago, I decided to change my attitude. I often reflect on the post (it truly is an inspiring post- please read it).

It would be silly of me to assume that this time around my body wouldn't gain weight on my lower half. So why be annoyed about it? Why believe I'm ugly? With hard work and a good diet I can get back to my healthy weight. I've done it twice before, so of course I'll do it again. I've really tried to embrace and love my extra curves while pregnant. I have born 2 healthy children, so obviously my body knows what it's doing! God gave us beautiful bodies that can do AMAZING things. It still blows my mind that I have created LIFE with my body.  I know it saddens Him when I don't see myself as the beautiful woman that I am.

I do not need to live up to an "ideal". I need to be healthy and take care of myself and Love myself. Our bodies are created in the image of God. We need to love these beautiful bodies that are GIFTS to us.  One of the reasons we came to earth was to receive a body, right? So why tear it down and despise it? It saddens me that I did this through my other 2 pregnancies. Our bodies are one of the most amazing gifts from our Heavenly Father. YES we need to take care of our bodies, but we also need to be grateful for and love our bodies.

It is hard to be pregnant! For some harder than others. I know many have it far worse than me, but I have my own limitations that prevent me from staying as active as I would like to be. For someone who usually exercises regularly- Yes, it can be frustrating. But, it is all worth it! I'm so excited to give birth again! I'm so excited for that flooding of overwhelming love. That indescribable moment when you finally get to meet your baby.

In October 2005 Susan W Tanner gave a talk about the sanctity of the body- I want to share a quote from it "(talking about Satan).... He seduces some to despise their bodies; others he tempts to worship their bodies. In either case, he entices the world to regard the body merely as an object. In the face of so many satanic falsehoods about the body, I want to raise my voice today in support of the sanctity of the body. I testify that the body is a gift to be treated with gratitude and respect." I am grateful for my body and want to treat it with the respect it deserves. I am still a work in progress, but I am getting better.  I have a beautiful body. And so do you.

3 comments:

mwoodall said...

I love this post so much! I agree with everything you said. :)

Katrina said...

Good for you! I hear ya...pregnancy is HARD! Emotionally, physically and even spiritually. But it IS worth it and it IS amazing that our bodies can do what they can do! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and can't wait to see pics of your new little one when the time comes!!

Briana said...

I love this. You are amazing.

-